Monday, August 27, 2007

Monday Viewing

In case you have a "case of the Mondays" I found some interesting articles to break up your day:

From the blog Whispers in the Loggia a couple different articles:

  • Whispers links to a great reminder on sin from the Archdiocese of Los Angeles' Newspaper, The Tidings.
  • Whispers also has Pope Benedict's Sunday Angelus address where he says that the narrowness of the door to heaven is not privilege but selflessness. Read Whispers' text here. The full text of the Pope's Sunday message can be found here.

An article on abstinence education on the blog: Major Autem His Est Caritas (the name means: the greatest of these is love from 1 Cor. 13:13). The article is in response to a British Journal of Medicine research paper on abstinence is cuts through some things to the heart of what is at issue. Read it here.

Now I'm off to my day off. Maybe golf or a book...hmm....

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Hi, I bumped into your blog at the Catholic Blog Directory. It made me feel bad when I saw you had no comments. So, here I am --- just seeing to it that you don't get discouraged and quit blogging.
Just keep up the good blogs and folks will come.
PS Congratulations on your recent ordinations.

Gashwin said...

Hey Father -- stumbled upon your blog when looking through the list of those who had connected to my pages recently. (This is such a narcissistic enterprise!) Thanks for the link, and congratulations on your somewhat recent ordination.

I would be grateful if you could say a prayer for my vocation when you get a chance.

Best wishes!

Fr. Andrew said...

Adrienne-- Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully my efforts will pick up.

Gashwin-- Be assurred of my prayers for your vocation. Throw yourself at our Lord's feet and allow Him to be your director.