Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Vitam Aeternum

So my brother likes to complicate things. I am my nephew's uncle, Godfather, as well as a priest. John David II (a.k.a The Deuce) is no longer pagan! Yeah! Here are some handsome photos from the baptism at St. Francis de Sales Oratory in St. Louis, MO. They practice the extraordinary form of the Roman Rite, which was quite beautiful. As Godfather, I supplied the Faith for John David II, as well as answers. His grandmother really liked the way his name sounded in Latin. Here are some photos:

Fr. Avis and the rites of exorcism and I in my loose fitting cassock


"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations..."
even if you forget to change your stole from purple to white!


In front of our Lady's Altar with Fr. Avis


Proud Family Photo:

1 comment:

jenny said...

Just a thought: it is nice to enjoy holding a baby in one's arms.... the lovely feeling comes also with responsibility.

I am referring here to the countless fatherless children. I also think if the priest is in any way accountable for fatherless children? If the priest is not in any way accountable for "disappearing" fathers, than why we hear so little about fatherless children in the homilies?