Tuesday, September 29, 2009

If you say so...

According to Whispers:
a release from the Pontifical Council for Social Communications said that the coming papal message "seeks to invite priests, in a particular way... to consider new media as a great resource for their ministry of service to the Word, and to encourage them to address the challenges born from the new digital culture."
In that spirit, I encourage you to read this interesting article about hand postures of the faithful during the Our Father.

2 comments:

kelly said...

Re: the article...

A good history lesson, but I wonder about how important focusing on this really is. I, myself, never use that posture, but I know a lot of people who pray in that manner. I'm not sure that encouraging the faithful to cease using a prayerful position of the hands, which brings them closer to their Creator, is a unifying endeavor.

My $.02 anyway, worth absolutely less than that :-)

Anonymous said...

An interesting article, and I appreciate your pointing it out! This is something that I feel is important to make note of, especially since our one job at Mass is to worship God. We certainly want to do our best at it!

Welcome back to the blogosphere, we missed you!